Jun 01, 2012
Now that we’re halfway through the year, getting together to network with fellow industry members and finish off my CEM (Certified in Exhibition Management) classes sounded like the perfect reason to attend International Association of Exhibitions and Events’ (IAEE) Midyear Meeting. I refreshed my exhibition and event sales fundamentals as well as meeting management principals.
Here are the three things that I found most important and enjoyed about this year:
1. Fantastic networking with current and potential clients.
2. Attending the Krakoff Leadership Institute dinner as an alumni of the 2010 class.
3. Hearing so many insightful ideas from show organizers and other CEM professionals.
I can say that if you’re feeling tired of your old routine, attending this meeting will refresh you with new ideas, recharge your batteries with a little fun, and focus on your needs as an exhibition and events professional along with tailored education that will be worth your time. I believe that education is a continual process that never ends. No matter how experienced or well versed you are, there’s always something that can help the way you do business and make you feel more in tune with what’s going on in our industry.
The IAEE team did a terrific job of planning and producing this year’s event! To learn more about it and see why you should attend next year watch this video:
Did you attend this year’s meeting? Share your photos and experiences on our Facebook wall!
- Many Minds Are Better Than One
- Earth Day: Go Green for More Than a Day (Part 2)
- Pop Goes The Expo
- 10 Reasons We Should be Thankful for Our Industry
- 4 Lessons From The World Series
By: Tom Malek← Back