E3 Excites Again
Jun 15, 2012
I can come up with a lot more than three “E” adjectives when I think of E3 Expo (including exciting, electric, energizing, exhilarating, enormous, edgy, extraordinary)…
According to the Entertainment Software Association (ESA), owners of E3, in 2011 consumers spent $24.75 billion on video games, hardware and accessories, and the average U.S. household owns at least one dedicated game console, PC or Smartphone. We are fortunate to work closely with the ESA, IDG World Expo, their suppliers and exhibitors on E3, the trade event that showcases this diverse industry.
Some fun facts about our work on the event include:
- Installation of nearly five miles of carpet (using nearly 35 miles of carpet tape)
- Production of enough graphics to cover seven basketball courts
- Rental of close to 6,000 pieces of furniture
- Use of 92,000 square feet of plastic floor covering (visqueen) and 7,000 feet of Velcro.
In addition, our talented rigging and sign-hanging team installed 1,260 chain hoists, approximately 40,000 feet of truss, 85,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor banners, and an LED wall weighing 30,000 pounds.
Every element of the show is over-the-top amazing, but one of my favorite aspects is the event marketing program, providing exhibitors and sponsors an opportunity to think “outside of the booth” to gain visibility. Programs include banners, light boxes, column wraps, stair graphics, floor, window and, mirror clings, elevator door wraps, static displays and interactive distributions, all of which contribute to the visually stimulating atmosphere.
- 2012 International CES: Bigger, Better and Greener than Ever
- Five Easy Ways to Green Your Graphics
- Six Lessons From The World Expo
- A Lesson In Anatomy: Green Shows
- Leaving On A Jet Plane